Consideration for the Entire Planet
High Tech Health products are all about enhancing health in the face of an increasingly polluted environment. Our products all enhance excretion of toxins and toxicants (man-made toxins) that have been acquired through the food we eat, the air we breathe, the water we drink, and even absorbed from the things we touch.
We think that means our company carries an obligation to help the planet too. Our products are designed and manufactured to be as clean as possible. But we go much further than that.
As a company, we are determined to leave this planet a better place than how we found it.
Good for You, Good for the Planet
Our Transcend saunas feature:
- Wood from poplar trees, which grow in a quarter to a seventh of the time it takes to grow a cedar tree, and which provide a healthier environment inside your sauna
- 62% by volume reduction of PVC from the wiring
- Our electronics are certified as meeting Europe's strict restriction on hazardous substances (RoHS)
- Our sauna packaging uses no styrofoam and is almost entirely cardboard
- Our heaters are ultra power efficient, especially when compared to carbon heaters. Since a great deal of electricity is produced from coal which releases mercury into the environment (a terribly potent neurotoxin), less power consumed translates into less mercury added to our environment.
- Our saunas use LED lighting, the most power efficient lighting available. Also, LED lights do not contain mercury the way compact fluorescent technology does, so less mercury finds its way into the environment.
High Tech Health has been a carbon-negative company since 2010.
The planes, trains, ships, and trucks that bring the High Tech Health product to your house from the factory all produce heat-trapping greenhouse gases. Experts calculated how much that is for our products, we then rounded up, and purchase carbon offsets from Bonneville Environmental Foundation. Bonneville Environmental Foundation funds projects that eliminate greenhouse gas emissions, such as capturing the methane that comes from landfills and converting that to energy without contributing to global warming.
As of December 2018, High Tech Health has purchased carbon offsets equivalent to the reduction of over:
Eliminated Pounds of Carbon Dioxide Equivalent
That's equivalent to the emissions associated with over 14 million vehicle-miles traveled.
We think our commitment to the environment speaks volumes about our company's values.
As a sauna company, we have been copied a lot over the years. We challenge every sauna company to copy us on this. Not a single one has yet, but we would like nothing better!