Comparing Saunas: Lighting
Lighting can seem like such a small detail when it comes to buying a sauna, but we are serious about our products and even this detail has been thought out.
- Our lighting is bright and fills the cabin. It is also dimmable and controlled by remote control. Our lighting is quite sufficient for reading (believe it or not, this is not the case with plenty of saunas on the market).
- Transcend® saunas use LED lights. LEDs have the ability to produce the same amount of light that a 60 watt incandescent bulb would produce yet consume only a fraction of the power saving you money.
- Our array of 96 LEDs produce not just a reading light, but also all of the primary and secondary colors.
- Many companies still use the old halogen bulbs.
- Some companies use fluorescent lighting in their saunas. While consuming less energy than incandescent bulbs, they still consume a great deal more energy than an LED bulb. But worst of all, they contain mercury. No amount of mercury exposure is safe, and the tiniest of amounts cause neurological harm. Disposal of these bulbs is at best a hassle, and we don’t want to put our customers in the situation where one of these bulbs could break in their home exposing their family. If High Tech Health had its way, there would be no products containing mercury in people’s homes.
For a much more detailed discussion of color light, see our blog post.